Monday, April 23, 2012

~breezy spring~

Happy Monday everyone!

first off ~ thank you soooo much
for your well wishes....I'm happy to report,
we are all quite healthy now & doing great!!!
I really appreciate your concern & sweet comments!


What amazing weather we've
had here in the northwest!


it was clear....
sunny....
breezy....
and magnificent!
a lovely 82 degrees here yesterday....
and 80 today!


definitely the kind of weather that's
got me thinking of summer.....
and sitting on the porch swing...
soaking up the sun with a good book &
listening to the birds sing...
ahhhhhh.....


can it get any better??
the sun has been so elusive for sooooooo
long that it has just been a treat!!


 of course my attention is now completely diverted~
gotta get outside & clean, weed, plant
fluff, decorate....etc....etc...etc... :)

right now I'm in the middle of attempting
to contain all my gazillions (seriously!)
of black eyed susans....
who have been happily proliferating....

pro·lif·er·ate   /prəˈlɪfəˌreɪt/ Show Spelled[pruh-lif-uh-reyt] "to increase in number or spread rapidly and often excessively. "
verb (used without object), verb (used with object), pro·lif·er·at·ed, pro·lif·er·at·ing.


.....in my garden everywhere!!!!


I've been digging up, dividing, gathering, giving
away, planting in my neighbor's yards, and doing just
about anything to get rid of them all!! hee hee
but still have lots to dig out ~ so if you live anywhere
near me~ come & get them!! :)



I have a new plan this year for my "boxwood beds"
they are smaller symetrical beds in our back garden,
that in years past, I have planted with a mixture
of veggies & flowers but this year I'm going
to forego the veggies and plant a mass
planting of impatience....
I think it's going to be amazing....
can't wait to show you....


and I'll be able to show you pictures because
after months of going without a camera....
I'm finally getting a new one!!
woo-hoo!  it's being delivered today!
it's a canon rebel t3...
anyone got one??  love it?? ya??

I am super excited!

ok...more ideas for outdoors....
how about a hanging bed on the back porch?
like this?


or this??


I can just see my girls laying out there
with a good book or hanging out with friends
giggling & such! 



as long as I could  s o m e h o w  manage to keep the
#%<*!  cats off there....
{any ideas???}
oh the cats...cats...cats....cats...
forever making me crazy with
all their fur & furry gifts they leave for us....;)

we've got 3, one is our eldest daughter's
who couldn't keep her in her apartment ~
so we being the dummies/softies/animal lovers
nice parents we are ~ said yes.....we'll take her....;/
...temporarily of course....
temporarialy 3 years ago....ahem.....

~*~

anyway ~  I digress!!

Happy times ~ planning, gardening
& outdoor decorating!

what've you been up to??
any gardening plans??
fun little porch projects??
do share!! :)


Have a lovely week everyone!


xoxo,



Shellagh



{all images from here}




13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Shellagh- I am so glad you are feeling better! It sounds like you are feeling well enough to really tackle a few projects. I love all your sweet photos here today. So much fun to see them! xo Diana

It's me said...

Hi darling...we have no sprng weather here in holland.....it is raining now......and we have no sun today...beautiful pictures !!..have a nice week darling.....love Ria.....xxx..

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hello Shellagh!
It's a wonderful time of year to work in the garden but remember not to overdo it!

Love the bed swings and my kitties would love those too.

hugs
Sissie

Pura Vida said...

loving this post! glad you feel good!

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Wow, love those pictures! Glad you're feeling better...
Ciao,
Mary

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

So glad you are feeling better. Gorgeous photos. Double stick tape works when you don't want cats in a certain place. It doesn't hurt them so it is safe:)Have fun:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Beautiful inspiration photos! I would love a porch bed swinging in the breeze. I do a lot of washing because of the cats :(

~Shanon

EllenaElizabeth said...

Wow what lovely fresh photos. Love the day bed on the verandah and the lavender with the old bird bath. Just so lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing all these lovely photos. I also love the lavender and the bird bath.

Wild Oak Designs said...

Can you mail black eyed susans?? I'd pay shipping....I'd love to have some....seriously....
Nancy
wildoakdesigns@gmail.com

Heaven's Walk said...

Ok....first of all....did you get your camera???? Wahooo! Now you know this means that we expect professional photo from you now, Shells. lol! That birdbath reminds me of what I'm going for with my huge vintage birdbath in the back yard. I just planted catmint around it. :) Oh....and don't tuck any of those rudbeckias into any package coming my way, girlie. I KNOW how prolific they are!! lolol! Love ya! xoxo laurie

time worn interiors said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

tot

Vintage Home said...

glad you are better! .... those beautiful pictures you have shared are sure to make anyone feel better!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin